Are you searching for editing services? Many writers turn to freelance editors to help prepare manuscripts for submission to literary agents or self-publishing services. But vetting book editors can be overwhelming. Even if you find a promising candidate, how do you know you can trust the quality of his or her work? It’s an unpleasant feeling to pay a deposit on a per-word rate—up front—without any assurances. You find yourself wondering: Can I trust this person with my work? Does he or she know what they’re doing? Will I really get what I’m paying for?
It’s not easy to put your novel in the hands of a stranger.
My name is Corey McCullough of C.B. McCullough Editing & Proofreading. I’m a professional copy editor and a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA), and I believe that if you have worked hard on your manuscript, you deserve professional, high-quality editing. That’s why I offer writing, proofreading, and editing services for writers, organizations, and authors who are considering hiring a freelance editor. I also offer free samples of my work.
This is not a limited-time offer. It’s just how I do business.
Your Free Editing Sample
- There is no guesswork—edits are conducted in Microsoft Word using Track Changes, so you will see every change I make.
- I accept most genres, but I won’t read anything that is trashy, graphic, or hateful in any way. (If you wouldn’t show it to Grandma, don’t show it to me.)
- Your free sample edit is limited to one page or 250 words.
- No strings attached—there’s no charge and no commitment.
- If you’re satisfied with my work and interested in learning more, we can discuss how to proceed with your full novel.
“There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it’s like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.”
— Ernest Hemingway
C.B. McCullough Editing & Proofreading offers affordable, high-quality, professional fiction editing. Many authors are tempted to send me Page 1 of their novel, but I suggest Page 50. (Every writer has strong feelings about their first page, and edits are easier to stomach in Chapter Three than in Chapter One.)
I am devoted to making words shine. But don’t take my word for it. Let me prove it to you. Contact me by using the form below. Copy and paste your text sample in the box. Or provide a description of your book, and I will contact you via email within twenty-four hours.
C.B. McCullough Editing & Proofreading
“Perfect words for genius ideas.”